To expedite the submission of your application, please, follow the recommendation below:
- Applications can be submitted only through the online portal and only once the call for the programme of your choice is open.
- To start your application, use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of the programme of your choice.
- Candidates need to upload, along with their application, a preliminary acceptance letter issued in the same year of the application itself by their chosen host institution. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the acceptance letter from the chosen host institutions as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call of the programme of their choice.
- The opening and closing dates of each programme are specified on each programme page.
- Applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio.
- Applicants may not visit another institution in that year under any other TWAS programme.
TWAS research grants fund several programmes that support:
- Researchers in developing countries, allowing them to purchase specialized equipment and consumable supplies, and
- Support Master of Science students.
TWAS offers financial assistance to the organizers of international and regional scientific conferences, workshops, symposia and special meetings in the developing world.